We wish to recruit a part time Support Worker to work with the existing compassionate, lively and friendly team of the Centre Manager, Support Workers and a pool of volunteers.
Closing dates for applications is Friday 10th June and interviews will be conducted on Wednesday 16th June with the successful candidate being advised by Friday 18th June.
Subject to the completion of a basic DBS check and satisfactory references, start date will be Tuesday 5th July. A subsequent “Enhanced DBS check with adults barred” will be required in due course.
The term of employment will be until 31st March 2023, although an extension beyond that date may be possible.
Applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Support Worker
Location: The Camrose Centre, Glebe Hall, St Michael’s Church, Church Square, Basingstoke
Hours: 12 hours p/w to be amortised over a calendar month. (Currently shifts are 9.00 – 15.00 Tuesday and Thursday, 0900 – 1300 Friday and on Sundays 1130 -1530 by mutual agreement)
Area post covers: Basingstoke and Deane
Responsible to: Camrose Centre Manager
To be part of a team of staff and volunteers providing support to those who are homeless or vulnerably housed through an open-access day centre and its associated services. To respond to the social, health and emotional needs of those made vulnerable because of homelessness, substance use, mental ill-health, domestic abuse and other socially isolating issues.
Client-facing responsibilities (after 6 months in post)
- Welcome clients, making them aware of the facilities within the centre and of appropriate policies.
- Work closely and build a rapport with clients, building confidence, personal growth and self-esteem and assist in the completion of associated paperwork.
- Give advice and information on a range of issues relevant to clients including benefits, housing, substance misuse and health, and encourage the take-up of in-house and existing voluntary and statutory services in the area.
- To become aware of local and nationwide services for Camrose clients. Be able to deal confidently with partner agencies.
- Be aware of procedures for dealing with crisis and emergency situations relating to for example health, violence, domestic abuse and child protection and provide assistance where necessary.
- Adhere to the Policies of the Camrose Centre especially in respect to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Confidentiality, Data Protection and Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection
- In order to support staff and volunteers at the Camrose Centre the person taking on this role is expected to be a team player who maintains the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Pass on to the Centre Manager any incident which may have relevance to the clients’, volunteers’ or employees’ health and safety or emotional wellbeing
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Camrose Centre, undertaking any reasonable duties as required.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the Camrose Centre in personal as well as public life.
- To deputise for the Camrose Centre Manager when called on to do so.
Support Worker – Operations Support: Person specification
- GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
Knowledge and experience:
- A comprehensive understanding of, and empathy with, the way the Camrose Centre operates and its relations with staff, volunteers, clients, external partners and donors.
- Successful team-working experience.
- Effective communications and building positive relationships with people at different levels within an organisation.
- Understanding the issue of confidentiality as applied within the Camrose Centre environment.
- Working within boundaries and safe working practices.
- Problem solving and solution focused.
- Reflective and committed to continuous personal development
- Numeracy and accuracy skills
- Warm and respectful customer service
- Ability to create plans and make them a reality
- Ability to manage a diverse and evolving set of tasks.
Skills and abilities:
- Efficient, timely, organised, responsive
- Self-reliant and motivated
- A loyal team player who maintains the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality.
- Working in a mixed staff/volunteer/client/supporter environment
- E-Literate in MS Office PC based systems
- Non-judgemental attitude.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check:
- All Camrose staff are required to complete before a satisfactory basic DBS check before joining and subsequently an “Enhanced DBS check with adults barred”.